SPARC Planning Suite
SPARC has produced four Policy and Strategy Guides to improve the impact of state government efforts to deliver public goods and services in order to improve the welfare of citizens. SPARC has also produced an accompanying popular guide that provides high level information about the planning process at the State level. The four guides are:
- Guide 1: Preparing a Policy
- Guide 2: Preparing a State Development Plan
- Guide 3: Preparing a Medium-Term Sector Strategy
- Guide 4: How to Conduct a Sector Performance Review
Taken together, the guides suggest a policy and planning cycle that embraces:
- Evidence-based policy priority choices;
- Preparing a State Development Plan to define the overarching policy position of the state and the expected outcomes;
- Detailing these policy priorities into programmes and projects that are realistic and costed in a Medium-Term Sector Strategy that provides the base for preparing the annual budget;
- A method for assessing performance of activities included in the strategy and funded in the budget to provide lessons for the future.
The Policy and Strategy Guides are intended to be useful for state governments (at a technical, executive and political level), legislatures and civil society.